Monday, October 24, 2011

Am I Really Asking Too Much From a Seller?



If you want to sell your RV, I have a few suggestions for you:

1 – Return phone calls – I can’t find out more, or make an appointment to see the rig without talking to you.
2 – Empty all holding tanks (especially if you admit to not using the rig for two years – pretty gross otherwise).
3 - Fill fresh water tank so that buyer can test plumbing and water pressure – call me picky, but I need to see the systems for myself.
4 – Have batteries charged. I won’t buy a rig that I can’t fully test out.
5 – Make sure there is enough gas in the tank so that the generator will start (it doesn’t do me any good to know that it ran really well last week).
6 – If you know a potential buyer is traveling 150+ miles to see your rig…..don’t hire someone to clean it on the day and time said buyer is going to show up. Wading through puddles of water (inside and out) and over hoses isn’t fun - I don’t dare sit on the cushions or even take it on a test drive….jes’ saying.
7 – Don’t tell me how many miles are on the tires when I specifically ask how old they are….it’s recommended that tires be replaced every 4-6 years – remaining tread doesn’t matter if the side walls blow out (BTDT).
8 -  and here’s the classic – don’t post fuzzy pictures….I won’t usually follow up on your ad, no matter how great you say it is, if I can’t clearly see what you’re selling.

If you follow the above suggestions, you can make it very easy for me to want to make an offer….and isn’t that why you posted it to begin with?!? I want to buy, but you’ve got to meet me half way.

No comments:

Post a Comment