Monday, October 17, 2011

Housesitting?



I love the first few minutes of waking up - my mind is always uncensored and very active. This morning I woke up to the word “housesitting”. Now this is not a new concept to me – it’s always appealed to my adventurous spirit. It seems that there could be a lot of fun to be had by doing this. One could live in more square footage than a hotel, tent or RV. One could have a built-in friend to play with if the house comes with a pet or two. One could enjoy visiting a different area and always find something new to explore. One would certainly have low overhead.

That made me wonder if there is a service that matches homes with available sitters. Then, of course, I didn’t limit myself to just the United States – I envisioned places all around the world. I know how to dream, don’t I? [and, yes, there are services that I am currently researching lol].

As a home and pet owner in years past, whenever I traveled I dreaded boarding my pets – it was expensive and I knew they hated it – and honestly, the issues around boarding played a part in how often and how long I would be gone. I would have LOVED to have had a ‘housesitting agency’ to call and have someone who is already checked out come live in my house while I was off traveling.

In this day and age, leaving a house unattended can be a security risk as well. So . . .  while I continue my search for the PMoHo (Perfect Motor Home) – I am also entertaining this idea of jumping from house to house – only just not on wheels and not in my name. I don’t know, it’s still percolating, but it’s kinda fun to explore the possibilities – if any of you know of an agency (or know of someone who would love to open their house in exchange for pet and plant care) let me know – these early morning plans often have real roots to them. Hope your day is filled with adventurous attitudes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment