Thursday, October 20, 2011

Not The Year I expected At All

How Comfortable Are You With the Unknown?

I’ve been happily making plans for the next two months and am blown away by how fast this year has come and gone.  It was just over 12 months ago that I decided to make some major changes in my life and move to San Francisco - where I planned to put down roots and build community.

What has really evolved is that in the process of letting go just enough to make that move happen, I’ve discovered that an unencumbered, free-form life suits me. Honestly, in the 6 months that I’ve been in San Francisco, I’ve been away more than there, and I love the freedom that I’ve been experiencing: Go a while, stay a while, veer off track to a bright and shiny new place. Living life in the moment has been pretty wonderful and I’m just not ready to give that up.

So what does that mean to me? More change. This is my final weekend in San Francisco as I pack a few remaining boxes that are going into storage. Believe it or not, I hate moving – but I love going to new places. That’s where living full time in an RV seems so perfect for me…having my ‘stuff’ with me, yet being able to travel at whim.

But there is no RV in my immediate future but I can feel the restlessness of wanderlust coursing through my veins. So instead of waiting, I’ve decided to just go. I have a wonderful car that is so much fun to drive – but that means that I will be living out of my car for a while.

Sounds so down-and-out and desperate doesn’t it? Yeah, I’m battling that judgment too….have I gone so far off track that I’m now drifting aimlessly into an abyss? When I do my Inner Source checks and balances my answers are yes – and no. Not much solace there!!

So I’m doing the only thing I know how to do right now. I’m planning a road trip to visit old friends, meet new friends and just go where adventure will take me. Luckily I have good friends to visit – wistfully, I wish I had more, but a good friend can happen in an instant, so who knows what I will find on the road.

I choose to think that this is exactly what my next step should be – to keep putting one foot in front of the other, stay open and live freely. Maybe the universe has a great plan for me that is so totally out of my ability to interpret right now that I need to just free-fall for a while.

As the saying goes: ‘Leap and the net will appear’, (but honestly?, right now I can’t help but add ‘I hope’ to the end of that saying!!). Here’s to living adventurously and living A Life Without Limits!

No comments:

Post a Comment