Friday, October 21, 2011

ROAD TRIP!


I’m feeling bored and antsy so I know it’s time to get on the road – when I am driving, my heart is singing. I’ve made appointments to get my car ready for serious winter travel. I’m creating a time line and lining up friends to visit along the way. If you read my last post, you know that I am soon homeless and will be living out of my car….. but I’m going to find a way to do it with dignity – ha ha!

It’s not entirely by choice because I never thought it would take me this long to find a motorhome to begin my next planned adventure of full time RV living. But it has. In the meantime, my spirit needs a shot of adventure though to keep from feeling too stuck, so I’m going to hit the road for a couple of months.

First stop is Portland – love that town….hoping to cruise around the Pearl District for a day, visit a few friends and head on to Seattle to finally meet, in person, a Facebook friend who has recently moved there. This amazing person has opened her home to me to stay for a few days, and I can’t wait to get out and explore her new city with her. Casual talk of ferries, and islands and fall leaves is more than enough to get my car pointed North.

After Seattle, I’m trying to decide the route to get to San Luis Obispo (Coast 101 or I-5?) where I will spend Thanksgiving with my family. Then on to Ventura to connect with a dear friend who is moving out of California soon – one last, all night gab fest is definitely in order!

From there, I’m hoping to continue south to Orange County to catch up with more family. Now if I had my RV, this would be the starting point for a winter down south, out of the cold and rain – I’d move on over to Palm Springs and even as far as Tucson, AR, but unless my rig materializes while I’m on the road (and it could), I’m not sure where I will hunker down for the winter.

For now, I do not have any plans further than the holidays – and that’s OK too. Being free to move about the country feels good - most of the time, and practicing letting go of schedules and routines is a good thing to do as well. That funny feeling from Inner Source is telling me to let all expectations go;  let the need to know go;  let the need to be in control go –only then will I truly see the possibilities that lay ahead for me. Only then will I know what my next step is.

So I’m off to wrap up what turned out to be a short stint in San Francisco and step boldly where no Zan has ever gone – living A Life Without Limits – literally!!

No comments:

Post a Comment