Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sorting Versus Choosing - BIG Difference

Not my new home, but pretty cool none-the-less!!


It's Saturday morning and there are no motorhomes on my list to go see (yet). I'm getting pretty good at narrowing the field down by asking the right questions beforehand. It's occurred to me that I'm asking for too much, but because it's the beginning of my search, I think I should have very high standards. It's not easy to keep them high though: a great priced one makes me think of compromising - or a great one that is loaded with goodies tempts me to go over my budget. The perfect one has not appeared on my radar (yet).


I am not used to the sorting process - only the choosing process, and let me assure you, there is a BIG difference!! I keep reminding myself that this just might be the primary lesson to be learned right how - how to sort.


I look back on my life and I realize that I usually chose from what is at hand, NOT from doing a ton of research, waiting and dreaming. Oh, I dreamed plenty, but I think I always opted for what felt like the easy way. Now, I don't regret my lifelong method - it's what has made me 'lucky' over the years but I"m willing to learn a new way to approach the rest of my life - more of an "I'm worth it" belief rather than to simply accept what comes to me. I"m learning to know, with clarity what I want....to ask for it, and to stand my ground and wait for it.


This probably seems like such a subtle difference in words - but in feeling, it is momentous. I am surprised, and proud of my new-found sorting skills. But, yes, I still battle the frustration of "I want it, and I want it now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment