Monday, October 10, 2011

Decorating my Non-existent Home


I know it's crazy - but I'm having a ball decorating my new (as yet non-existent) home on wheels. To battle the frustration of not finding the perfect rig (yet), I've taken to preparing for some awesome new upgrades and make-overs. I've seen enough rigs in my size and price range to know that they all share some common components. Primarily a bed - full or queen is still unknown, but it will have a bed (not a pull out couch or an over-the-cab bed that requires a ladder). A bed needs sheets, and blankets and pillows and....etc. One of the best ways to feel special and pampered is to sleep in yummy, luxurious bedding - so I've been out scouring great deals on new sheets, pillows, duvet covers and other goodies. I intend for my bed, (which may be the extent of my bedroom) to be as welcoming as possible - lacking space, I will make up for it with layered luxury.

Space in cupboards will also be at a premium, but cooking with quality pans is another thing that I don't want to give up. My beloved Calphalon is too big and too heavy and doesn't stack very orderly. So my task was to find something that will be a joy to cook on, but not prohibitive to store. I went to my favorite TJMaxx and found a nice quality set of pots that will nest - they are not handle-less, but have small handles on both sides (this makes for maximum stack-ability.) I now have a small and medium sauce pan, a small oval roaster and a medium Dutch oven - all fitting inside each other. Pretty excited about this find.

I may or may not have a couch in my new rig - but I've discovered a stash of heavy weight upholstery linen in my storage boxes that will be perfect for a couch or club chair. I always do slip covers so that I can keep as clean as possible - I love to be relaxed and casual in my own home, and knowing I can wash any dirt or spills allows me to enjoy my environment.

So you see, I'm filling my time well - and as soon as the RV appears with my name on it - I will be ready to do the personalized changes right away....my new home, done my way, heading to parts unknown and Loving the Adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment