Saturday, June 30, 2012

THE WEEK ON A ROLLER COASTER


Birthday girl and all around magnificent child
I know you’re expecting to hear from me today, but things have been pretty busy and I just haven’t been able to clear my brain to get any writing done. So I’ll make this update brief because many of you have been asking how things are going.

Mr. Hyde - puppy supreme
The week started with a very sick puppy who is not out of the woods yet. He has Parvo and it is a hideous virus that has put us all on an emotional roller coaster. Mr. Hyde is a 3 month old German Shepard ….he had his first round of vaccines and contracted this at the time he should have had his second – the Vet is holding off to give him a better chance of fighting this. Yesterday’s prognosis: He isn’t good, but he isn’t horrible…..we are fervently keeping our fingers crossed and our floors and soles of shoes mopped with bleach solution. This morning he was up and wagging his tail for some attention – I’ll take any positive sign I can get on his road to recovery. Go Mr. Hyde!!

Judd (AKA best dog in the world)
The other dog, Judd, is bigger and over a year – he was a rescue pup so we can only assume he’s protected….his size and age might have given him protection, but he is isolated from the pup (vice versa actually) and he is showing no signs of Parvo so we’re breathing sighs of relief.

Child sized horse
 My magnificent grand daughter’s birthday party is (tomorrow) Sunday – I can hardly believe that she will be 5 – they do grow up fast, don’t they? On my way to get her some craft supplies to keep her very creative brain in gear my car decides to die – literally – in the middle of the road. I can see the craft store a block ahead, but I couldn’t leave my car while waiting for the tow truck. So close, but so far away. Because I travel so much, I have the super duper premiere plus roadside towing service, so I got a tow and a ride back to my son’s who just happens to be an ace back yard mechanic…..fuel pump, ordered new one, installed and on the road again – I’ve raised such a wonderful son!!

Multi tasking at its finest
Oh yeah, the internet is a wonderful place to order children’s craft supplies, so I’ve even got that covered – today is spruce up the house/yard day, finish up some odd errands and tomorrow we party!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment