Thursday, June 21, 2012

LIFE IS NOT ALL AIRSTREAM



I’ve been playing with my grand daughter this week. She is becoming the most wonderful young lady (she’ll be 5 in a few days) who loves to learn and craft – and she is so good at it.


She’s equally left brain, right brain: She can draw and embellish with detailed flair, and do ‘take-away’ problems too. And she hasn’t even started Kindergarten yet…..

She also loves to go on ADVENTURE. That’s a big word in her vocabulary these days. She’s learning that everything she does can be an adventure.  She and I look for ways to make everything just a little more special just by looking for the fun and the good - or maybe just thinking about something differently. It’s all about attitude, as you know, but this darling child is living it every day. Needless to say, her grandma loves every minute of her fully engaged limitless energy.

But Gypsy is never far from my thoughts either. I did manage to find what I think will be the perfect fabric for the bedroom curtains. It’s currently a duvet set, but nothing like a pair of scissors and a sewing machine to repurpose things. I can see the completed bedroom in my mind – It is filled with my favorite colors and textures and smells. I want everything luxurious yet washable,– and I will do that by scents, colors and layers. This travel trailer (such inadequate words to describe Gypsy) will be a haven while on the road – sort of like a boutique hotel on wheels. Not to mention the artist/writer studio in the front room….she will be a huge part of my personal spirit and energy – but she will give back ten-fold.

I also broke down and got an orbital sander complete with a 50 pack of replacement sanding discs. Since nearly every square inch of Gypsy has to be sanded prior to painting, I realized it’s crazy not to get one….so upon my return to the mountains, I will tote the generator down to her, plug in my new sander – suit up in goggles and dust mask and get ‘er done. So far, my excitement is more about being finished, not doing – Maybe I need a little grand daughter magical thinking to shake things up a bit.

Next week I’m IKEA bound before I head further North. They have great (and inexpensive) cabinet hardware that I want to buy – as it all needs to be replaced. I am also looking for more small space organizing ideas which IKEA is brilliant at.  It will be hard to keep it simple on this trip, don’t you think?

I left the Airstream in such a positive, good space that I’m able to relax and just dream about when I get back– now that’s my kind of adventure. Hope you all enjoy your weekend…you know mine is going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment