Friday, June 15, 2012

EARLY MORNING VISITORS and PROGRESS UPDATES



I've been heading down to Gypsy early in the mornings because the weather is starting to heat up here in the North State. She's parked on such a beautiful pad that it's almost like rising with the sun during a camp-out, except of course, on a camp-outs the days are usually filled with relaxation....


I always pass a family of deer on the short half mile compute - and the other day the local fox came by to check things out on his way to his rounds. But I discovered something about squirrels that I never knew: They like the cushy life too.  One morning, on my front mat was the remainder of a pine cone fest.



Remainder of Pine Cone Treat


The cone itself was over on the gravel. I guess the sharp rocks hurt their little pawsies (and a few bits of cone on the chair. Such luxury seeking creatures!!) But hey guys, I'm not really ready for company.


This week I accomplished quite a bit - physically as well as emotionally. The Gaucho/couch needed to come out and I was positive I couldn't wrestle it out by myself. Shows how wrong I was: This is what was there last week:


Living Room Before


This is how she looks today (I am Woman hear me roar!):


Living Room After


Then there was the bedroom that needed gutting....For that one I really did need help. Here is the before and middle (The after is a loooong way off lol).


Bedroom Before

Bedroom Middle


Here's the interesting thing about this part of the tear-out....I started with an finished layout in mind, discovered that that wouldn't work - had a brief moment of disappointment, then realized another, and even better, way to do it. Isn't that always the way? One road block or challenge turns out to be a blessing in disguise.


I've been ripping out the remainder of the flooring, scrubbing away 27 years of dirt and grime and feeling, all in all, very satisfied. 


There's something very personal about stripping things down to bare bones and starting fresh. I still have a long, long way to go, and I'm heading out this weekend for a 2-3 week road trip to visit friends and children. 


But I'm pretty thankful to be leaving Gypsy at this stage - I will return with fresh excitement and energy, and get some much needed painting done....

No comments:

Post a Comment