Sunday, July 1, 2012

Puppy Update


It’s pretty funny how exciting normal body functions can be. Yesterday the pup continued to drink water throughout the day – and kept it down. He still wouldn’t take the special food that the Vet gave us so I was administering ½ tsp at a time of chicken soup via eye dropper. Can’t say he really liked that either, but I did this every half hour or so hoping to get some nutrients in him and not overload his digestive system.

While my daughter-in-law was feeding the other dog his kibble, the pup acted really excited. She tried 3 (count em, 3) kibbles that he gobbled down – a quick call to the Vet confirmed that it was OK to let him eat – at this point he NEEDED food.

Yes, he ate a bit more – drank more – slept through the night and this morning a happy and hungry puppy greeted me. I'm still waiting to see how ‘things process through’ him – if you get my drift. Today, I am more hopeful that ever….today is the birthday party – today’s going to be a good day!!!

NB – as with all Parvo cases, it is always a 50/50 chance of survival - and very little hope during the darkest hours. I am filling my gratitude pages with joy this morning. I know we can only breathe easy – not fully out of the woods yet, but right now, my heart is bursting with love and gratitude……I’ll take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment