Friday, July 6, 2012

SOMEONE MOVED THE EDGE



What do you think of when you hear Loving the Adventure? Just what is adventure to you? If you’ve been following me for a while you know that I find adventure just about everywhere. It’s all about attitude and perspective. Quite frankly it is my way of surviving the everyday stuff. Some people look for the positive, I look for the adventure.

I used to think that adventure meant going and doing, and I imagine it’s what many people think of as well…but as exciting as going and doing sounds, I haven’t the time, energy nor money to play quite that large all the time.

So while my grand going and doing adventures happen about once or twice a year, I still want to feel adventurous every single day. It’s juicy and invigorating. Feeling adventurous, to me, is akin to feeling alive.

As you know I’m in between adventures now…feeling a bit of a lull, and I've spent the wee morning hours contemplating my life….Am I happy? Am I contented? Am I leaning into fear enough? Am I moving forward? The answer to these questions is a solid YES! (Whew!).

But the edge of my comfort zone isn’t where it used to be: someone moved the edge, and I’m no longer on it. I think I’ve become accustomed to this life of not knowing what is coming next – of letting go of stuff that holds me down – of not wanting any real ties to anywhere. While living this way used to feel slightly uncomfortable and unnerving, it doesn’t any more….the edge has moved further out – which means my world of possibilities has expanded.

The long and short of it is, I am comfortable. Not a bad place to be especially with the imminent new world of adventure that will open up to me when my travel trailer (AKA Gypsy) is road worthy. How long that will take doesn’t seem to be the issue….her restoration process is my regeneration….we are both gearing up to do some wonderful things.

But for now I will be loving life and Loving the Adventure – with freedom and creativity. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment