Friday, July 13, 2012

DREAMING OF AIRSTREAMING



Happy Friday the 13th!! This week has been triple digits where Gypsy and I are hanging out. Not much done since I’ve been back from my 2 week visit with my kids. However, I've been crafting in-house, and I finally finished the frame for the medicine cabinet mirror.

Cabinet sans door


Fresh paint - blank canvas

Completed

Close up of corner

Funny, I’ve been drooling over shell frames for decades and I’ve even had a collection of shells almost as long. Thank you Gypsy for being the inspiration to make it all happen.  What do you think? Don’t you feel adventurous just looking at it?

 I did order some “luxury” items for her too,

Double pancake LED RV lights

The double pancake LED replacement lights are perfect for better quality lighting and low heat output and low energy usage. It was a splurge, but I’m confident that they will be well worth it.

And the Fan-Tastic Vent (with thermostat!!) will be a wonderful edition to the overall comfort as well – it will exhaust hot air out, or pull cool air in – thermostatically controlled depending on the temps. I think I have met my criteria with these purchases: Well lit, well ventilated, and cooler comfort inside. [Of course, I still have to paint the interior to finish the criteria of bright and cheery].

Fan-Tastic Vent fan

 I haven’t been pleased with how the cabinet and closet doors have turned out – the paint has cured for 6 weeks or so and it just doesn’t feel good to the touch. I’m going to break down and buy Krylon spray paint and do a final coat just to give it that polished look (and hopefully give it some durability – a small space is no place to have “delicate” paint).

All in all, I’ve been busy trying to move forward, stay cool and take advantage of some in-house down time. 

I also have some big news to announce – but that will have to wait for a few days – I will probably do a mid week announcement, so be on the lookout to learn more of what I’m doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment