Friday, April 1, 2011

My Life as a Blank Canvas


 An empty room can be an ending or a beginning. Remember the last time you moved? How the thought of packing up all your worldly possessions seemed overwhelming? Do you remember the feeling of watching your environment go from controlled serenity to chaos and finally nothingness?

As I walked out the door of my sleepy little beach town condo for the last time, I was amazed at how little I felt. I was happy to have had the time there, and just as happy to move on (literally) to another locale.

I’m in the nothingness stage of my adventure, and I say that in a good way. Nothing: as in blank canvas, blank slate – weightless, without constraint.

I had a wonderful night’s sleep last night as I am now (finally) on my way – no longer finishing up, but beginning anew. I have no idea what awaits me in San Francisco – and that is the allure for me. That is what I am ready for in my life right now. I am ready to create. I am ready to begin. I am ready to be a San Franciscan.

No comments:

Post a Comment