Saturday, February 5, 2011

Smell that Coffee!

Fresh coffee never smells so good as it does in the wee light of dawn Saturday morning. You might think that because I work from home that I have the ability to have coffee whenever I want – and you’d be right, except that I’ve learned that working from home takes some discipline. It’s all too easy to just keep working – 24/7. I’ve done it before, it’s been necessary before, but it wears thin very quickly.

Today I’m taking the day off – I’m taking time to not only drink the coffee, but smell it too. I’m heading into town to explore….I’m craving new, and unique – not always easy to find in small town USA – so today I have to mix it up….just because I’ve done it many times before doesn’t mean it’s old hat (whatever the ‘it’ is).

There is ALWAYS a new way to look at things – the biggest challenge is to look at things that feel common and ordinary and find their uniqueness. The biggest challenge is to stay in the ‘now’ and not revert back to been there done that – today I will travel the same ground with new eyes – sounds like a good kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment