Saturday, May 12, 2012

Creativity and Adventurous Spirits


Living isn’t about technical skill, it’s about creativity:  to take risks – to face the unknown – and to linger a moment in the dream.

I am currently buried in a chaos of drawing paper, pencils, eraser dust and a zillion ideas floating through my personal space. My pencil is flying, my light box is glowing. I forgot how heavenly it is to be fully absorbed in creativity.

Here are some of the things I’ve been working on:
"'Streaming by the River " - Book version and colored version

"Airstream Heaven" - Book version and colored version

These are likely candidates for my next creative coloring book: Vintage Gypsies. The pure excitement comes from the fact that I rarely know what will manifest. Often, I have an idea that gets me started, but the final outcome usually takes on a life of its own. That’s the way it is with creativity.

All of life should be like that too. You might start with an idea, but once you take your first step it takes on a life of its own. Resist the urge to stay with ‘the plan’ just for the sake of staying with the plan. Go with the possibilities as often as you can, for that is where your juicy creativity is.

Ask yourself “What if?” as often as you can – Oh the places you’ll go…….

And don't forget - everyone who subscribes to this blog will periodically receive free pages for you to color YOUR way, (plus other goodies as my creativity allows lol). Just look for the sign-up box at the top of the right hand column.



No comments:

Post a Comment