Thursday, May 19, 2011

When to Tell Your EGO to Shove It!

Here’s what happens when I listen to my Inner Source and decide to take action – my Ego will let me get into the planning stage for just about anything – we’re safe there, my ego and I – but just let me start to take action and here’s what happens:

 I get an inspiration – and it feels so right – so perfect – so exciting. I just KNOW that it’s what I’m meant to do next. I take that first exciting, adventurous step in the direction of my heart….I move forward and get so excited – “Wow, this is it, I’m finally gonna do it!”. Then I crash into a wall, or fall into a deep dark hole and struggle to find my way. “What was I thinking?” “Who do I think I am?” become the words I hear more clearly than my inner Source.



 I am flighty. I can’t be taken seriously. I’m not good enough to do this. I can’t even trust my own feelings. (Hear the despair and hopelessness? Notice how Ego can beat you to smithereens?)


 When you take a step toward listening to your heart – your Inner Source – your Ego will play every trick in the book to stop you. Ego wants you to stay put – be stuck – and it will go to any lengths to keep you there. It will not let you go without a fight.



 Whenever I crash into that wall or fall into that deep dark hole means that I am on the right track – if my Ego is uncomfortable then that is good. If my Ego feels threatened to throw the book at me then I must be on to something. From now on, when I hit that moment of fear and self-doubt I will see it as a sign that I am doing EXACTLY what I need to be doing to follow my heart! 
And that is good news, my friend – very good news indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment