Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Day in the Life of a Writer...



I am busily and happily working away on the 2nd edition of my current book A Life Without Limits – this edition will have so much MORE added to it and I am really loving how it is coming together (and a new title too, I think).

A while back a friend of mine, Creatively Fit Coach™ at MelissaAnneColors.com inspired me to begin to doodle and sketch everyday to switch up my creative juices. This tugged at my heart because it was something that I used to love to do as a child, but haven’t done since, and oh, what a difference this has made in my life-of-writing.

It all started with this one - and took on a life of its own.


While writing is my passion – I’m now really getting into illustrating my work as well…the book is turning out to be a fun, inspirational, how-to guide to getting the most out of your life: To finding the joy and adventure in everything you do.

It still takes the reader from being stuck, to finding out what matters most; and holds your hand as you design and step into a new world of your choosing. And most importantly, it’s FUN. Fun to read, fun to do the activities, and fun to look at. I am excited beyond belief. And I’m almost done (in book years that means only a few more months of labor until I give birth).
See how fun this is?

And here’s some insight into the life of an author: it never fails that the next book comes to you in the middle of the book you’re currently working on. AND it feels much more exciting than the pages you’re knee deep in. The trick is to hold space for it while you finish your current brainchild – after all, it was once the most exciting thing you could imagine so you mustn’t leave it behind!!

And true to prediction – my next, next book is born in my mind….God love this process, but it’s exhausting too. So I write. Everyday I write. And now I draw everyday…. I can’t stop that any more than I can stop thinking. I used to wake up with a sentence or phrase in my mind and reach for my journal, now I wake up with an image and a sentence that goes with it and automatically reach for my sketchbook.

Just as my book suggests, writing is a way to go deeper into your Inner Source and I am truly getting very well acquainted with mine…she is fun, she is joy and she is love – and she is all about adventure. I am also incorporating drawing into my journey – and wow what an excursion this is turning out to be.

These 3 books are burning a spot in my heart and they are truly my joy and passion….but really, muse, can I keep it at three? At least until the 2nd edition goes into print? Pretty Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment