Saturday, October 13, 2012

JOURNALING PROMPT: FALL



Fall is the season that I wait for, I live for, I love for. This is my time of year . . .  and I’ll tell you why: fall brings with it my favorite feelings – excitement, anticipation, energy, comfort, letting-go, and just plain joy.
It doesn't matter much why I feel this way about Fall or why I feel differently about other seasons. To me what matters most is that I know ahead of time when my optimum time of year is (and conversely when my most challenging time of year is). Armed with this information I can plan accordingly.
Last year, I forgot, and planned the final stages of my first coloring book during a time of year when I am my most vulnerable. Silly me, what a struggle that turned out to me. I still got my work done – albeit a week late -  but I was a basket case every single step of the way. NEVER AGAIN. This year my next book is scheduled to print by November 1st and joy of all joys, it came in 1 week ahead of schedule….and even more importantly, I really enjoyed the process.
If you are not aware of the natural rhythms of your inner workings, I would suggest that you begin to keep a calendar of general feelings. Begin now, using a simple month-at-a-glance calendar and write a ONE WORD feeling on each day – at the end of the year you will have a fairly graphic representation of your rhythms.
We all have natural ebbs and flows of our energy and emotions – knowing when they are is the first step to setting yourself up for success - the first step of taking control of your life.
For me, I know I can pack a lot into the Fall season. My energy and emotions can handle the most at this time of year. And that is exactly what I’m planning to do this year – my next book is due to be in print by November 1st and I’m heading out on adventure…
“Start spreading the news, I’m leaving today (not), I want to be a part of it, New York, New York…”
New York and Pennsylvania are on my itinerary this year….I’m planning and preparing for a glorious time – cuz it’s my time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment