Friday, October 12, 2012

I'm Feeling the Urge to List



Dear Wild Hearts,
Every year about this time I begin to plot out the remaining months with to-do lists, and this year will be no different, but I also feel the urge to begin to think of how I want next year to unfold.
I am happiest when I am working toward a goal, which I admit makes living in the ‘now’ a challenge…but not undoable. I have discovered little ways to take a Here-and-Now Break in each and every day. (Theoretically . . . I’m still working on that when I am on deadline).
Lately, my Here-and-Now Breaks are more about taking a moment and offering up gratitude for the abundance that is currently in my life. I do this because it’s so easy to lose sight of what you have while your focus is on where you’re going….but I’m learning more and more about the unique ways that my mind works with these issues.
But back to my lists….
I begin this morning with a focus of how I want to feel in 2013. I start with feelings rather than actions because that way I am not locked into any one particular way to accomplish it.
Happy - Sounds like a no-brainer, but I need constant reminding. You see I am happy most of the time, I just forget to acknowledge it, so I don’t feel it as much as I’d like to.
Emotional freedom - Which most of the time plays out as not letting fear define me: a ‘Let Go, Let God’ process.
Creative
Adventurous
Loving
Thoughtful - I could do so, so much better at this – and I will place this forefront just to get in the practice of it.
Flexible - I put this one on my list with a bit of trepidation….be careful what you wish for because the Universe will find a way to give it to you…and how do you practice being flexible except with opportunities that call for flexibility – oh my.
So for now,  this is a good place to start….in a few days I will make a few other lists – maybe a things I’ve always want to try….Oooh, that could be very fun, because you know what happens when you put something down in writing don’t you? It usually finds a way to happen. (fist pump ‘Yessss’).

No comments:

Post a Comment