Sunday, October 21, 2012

EXPECTATIONS - FRIEND OR FOE?



Dear Adventurous Hearts,

I’m at the end of a major project (Yes, my new coloring book is just days from being available!!!). And as happens soooo often, I am in a period of adjustment – a lull of sorts: The calm before the storm. Quite frankly the first week, I didn’t know what to do with myself. Now I’m in a period of deep reflection….What to do next? Where to begin? What to continue to invite into my life – what to consciously let go?

It's a period of unrest - not unhappiness, per se, but just a period where I look around and see how my life is arranged. Am I still going in the right direction? I find myself evaluating everything....and then there's that fuzzy area of what is not good enough to keep, yet not bad enough to throw away. 


The concept of “Expectations” had been with me on my mental journey this last week. I find that they can be a killer of creativity and joy.

I decided to try and figure this out more deeply and I came up with this activity. I’ve created it specifically for EXPECTATIONS, but now that I’m done, I realize that I can use this for many, many things in my belief system that just might need some adjusting. So I created an activity that helped me shed some light on my thoughts and beliefs...hmmm, now that's always an interesting adventure, right?

For the complete step-by-step activity (mine as well as worksheets for you to do your own) go to zanpackard.com

Happy Journaling - it's always and adventure into to Journey Within

No comments:

Post a Comment