Thursday, November 10, 2011

What Is Courage?



I have received a lot of emails lately that applaud me for my courage – living each day as it presents itself; Planning only enough to be intentional, but never so much as to be limited. I thank everyone for that, but I have a few comments on courage.

COURAGE does not mean being without fear. Courage means not letting fear define and limit you. 

When you build a tolerance for fear, you will find courage comes more easily. BUT, just how do you build this tolerance for fear?

**Do one thing every day that frightens the daylights out of you.

**NEVER compare your fears with anyone else’s.

**and never, EVER compare your courage with anyone else’s either.

The goal isn’t to be without fear – the goal is to never let it stop you. 

Keep pushing your boundaries and you will find courage sooner than you think.

1 comment:

  1. Zan,
    When I was a little girl I was told I was very courageous and having no idea what that meant, just toddled on my way. As the adult I've become and having my kind of challenges to deal with....YES, I understand what it means today! YES, Courage is my companion and fear is not always far away...but it helps to purify the energy beneath the courage to prevail and move forward. You are a blast! Love you, Jan

    ReplyDelete