Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Intend to Do Whatever it Takes....to Do Nothing

Illustration by Zan Packard from the book A Life Without Limits



I’ve been feeling a bit guilty the last few days. I intentionally set aside some time to not focus on work and go play. To just live in the moment and go where spirit takes me. The trouble is, my spirit just wants to stay in bed and read (and of course journal)….I feel like I’m not doing what I should be doing.

Yep – it seems that I have a case of the dreaded ‘Shoulds’ again.

But I’m an introvert – ya’ll know that right? I’ve had to have a strong talking to myself this morning. “It’s O.K. to do nothing….as a matter of fact, it’s necessary at times”. I’ve been whining to a few friends about my guilt and here are two great sentiments that I know to be true:

1)     I’m not on vacation – San Francisco will be here when I come out of my cave.
2)   The older the battery the shorter the time in between recharges (take away what you will from that one lol).

So I am now redoing my intentions because as is so often my habit, I wasn’t clear the first time around.

I intend to do what ever it takes to spend some time with myself and do whatever I feel needs to be done, at the moment, to recharge my emotional batteries. I will let go of preconceived notions about how to spend some time off and allow my Inner Source to take the lead.

At that is the end of that – for now………

No comments:

Post a Comment