Friday, June 10, 2011

DON'T PLAN

Illustration by Zan Packard from the book A Life Without Limits


I've just spent the last 6 months in complete and total planning mode. Had to. First there was the eBook to complete by January 25th of this year. Then there was the move to San Francisco - that took a lot of planning to pull it off. Then, of course, I had to find a place to live. During the moving out of the old and moving into the new there was also some serious writing happening. Turning my eBook into an expanded printed edition took planning - more than I ever realized was involved.

But here I am, waiting for my first proof copy of the book to arrive..... excitedly, anxiously, crazy happy. There will be a ton of planning to market it too...but for now I have a few weeks reprieve and I plan to not plan.

I want my spirit take me when and where it seems fun and adventurous. I'd almost forgotten how adventurous I had become while I was locked inside my office day and  night plugging away at the key board. I'm free now; even if for a short while, but I'm off to find fun and excitement in the streets of San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment